In this unique participatory installation, UNTAPPED LOVE was created to bring community together. LYP volunteers took to the streets and visited businesses, and other organizations to ask them one simple and powerful question: "How do you help others and spread love through your work?" The project brought to light these acts of kindness to show how self-love leads to loving others and create a more harmonious community.
UNTAPPED LOVE documented local businesses based in The Lower East Side who have gone above and beyond the products and services they offer. The project highlighted local generosity and illuminated the compassion these business owners have for their community and its members. LYP's honored these unsung heroes of The Lower East Side whose philanthropy is a testament to the human spirit and its extraordinary potential for positive growth.
UNTAPPED LOVE encouraged people to engage in the conversation about the power of self-love and how it can empower our local and global communities. The exhibition featured a truck displaying a Map of Love illustrating the extraordinary individuals and businesses The Love Yourself Project was honoring. Visitors were invited to share personal acts of love and populate the Map of Love with their kind deeds.
The Love Yourself Project hosted a discussion about UNTAPPED LOVE, and conducted short interviews with people regarding the impact of self-love on the world. There was a satellite exhibition at Michael Mut Gallery (97 Ave. C) from May 1 - May 25.
These local business were honored
- Spur Tree 76 Orchard St
- Main Squeeze 19 Essex St
- Martin Cohen Attorney at Law 357 Grand St
- Cafe Grumpy's 13 Essex St
- Doughnut Plant 379 Grand St
- Verso Restaurant 127 Ave C
- 26 Seats Restaurant 168 Ave B
- A Repeat Performance Antique Shop 156 1st Ave, #1
- Katinka Shop 303 E. 9th St
- Rivington Tattoo 175 Rivington St
- The Raging Skillet 335 E. Houston St
- 21 Corners 155 E. Broadway
- Marie Belle 484 Broome St
- Boqueria 171 Spring St
- Organic Avenue 156 Sullivan St
- Bistro Les Amis 180 Spring St
- The Hat Shop 120 Thompson St
- Papatzul 55 grand St
- Dinosaur Hill Creative Children's Store 306 E. 9th St
- Comprehensive Center 99 Essex St
- DAH Shop 134 Division St
- Wielgus & Sons Inc. 158 E. Broadway
- The Original Vincent's 119 Mott St
- Bed & Coffee 110 Ave C
- Cylar House Health Center 743-749 E. 9th St
- Hamilton House 50 Madison St
- Alphabet City Sanctuary 638 E. 6th St